Here's a Quick Step-by-step on how to up-cycle an old/ odd coloured gift box!
- Source your materials. Here we have a little polka dot gift box and a paper bag! The colour does not quite match the rustic theme we are after so we are simply going to wrap our box up and up-cycle it into a shabby chic rustic little number!
- Trim a piece off of your paper bag, big enough to wrap your gift box and it's lid.
- When wrapping up your gift box with it's new rustic looking paper, adhere your paper with double-sided tape. Sticking paper down to one side at a time, and ensuring there are no creases as you go.
- Don't forget to decorate your lid as well!
- Now that your box is completely wrapped, it's time to add a lil chic into the mix! Source some ribbon- this could be any colour to match your theme, or the recipients favourite colour! In this case we have gone with an ivory piece of lace ribbon to keep with our chic theme. We wrapped the lace around the lid of the box and tied a bow. If you want the bow to stay as a permanent feature you could adhere it to your box lid with double-sided tape.
- Final Touch! We used a glue gun to stick our pinkposy.co.uk Ivory pearl diamante embellishment to the centre of our bow, for a fabulously classy finish to our gift box!
How will you complete your new, up-cycled rustic little gift boxes?
We have a whole range of Beautiful Grade A diamante rhinestone embellishments and buckle ribbon sliders to add to your gift boxes. You can find all of these at: www.pinkposy.co.uk